Best tips and tricks for a successful pre-wedding session in Surrey
Pre-wedding sessions are a great way to capture the love and excitement of a couple before their big day. Although most people think of taking engagement photos in a studio, there are plenty of beautiful natural spots to take amazing pre-wedding photos. Surrey is one such location, with an abundance of gorgeous parks, golf courses, and other outdoor destinations. In this blog post, we’ll provide you with the best tips and tricks for getting the most out of your pre-wedding session in Surrey. From choosing the right lighting to finding the perfect backdrop, we'll help you create lasting memories and stunning images that you'll cherish for years to come!
Pre-wedding sessions are a great opportunity for couples to get comfortable in front of the camera and capture some stunning photos together before their big day. Surrey is a beautiful county in the southeast of England with plenty of photo-worthy locations. Here are our top tips and tricks for making the most of a pre-wedding session in Surrey:
1. Plan ahead - choose a date and time that will work well for both you and your photographer, and make sure to allow enough time to get to your chosen location and explore different areas.
2. Think about the light - the best time for photographs is usually early morning or late afternoon when the light is softer and more flattering. Avoid midday sun if possible!
3. Dress comfortably - you want to feel relaxed and comfortable in your clothes so that you can focus on enjoying yourselves during the shoot. Choose something that you feel good about but also represents your personal style as a couple.
4. Be prepared to walk - Surrey has some amazing countryside locations which often require a bit of walking to reach the best spots. Wear comfortable shoes and bring along any snacks or drinks you might need to keep your energy levels up!
5. Have fun! - This is supposed to be enjoyable so make sure you take some time to just soak up being together in this special place. The photos will be all the better for it!
There are a few key things to keep in mind when posing for your pre-wedding photos. First, think about the overall feel you want for the photos. Do you want them to be formal or relaxed? Once you've decided on the overall vibe, it's time to start thinking about individual poses. Here are a few of our favourites:
1. The classic embrace: This is a timeless pose that always looks romantic and intimate. Simply put your arms around each other and let the photographer do their thing!
2. Walking hand-in-hand: This pose is perfect for conveying the excitement and anticipation of your upcoming wedding day. Plus, it's a great way to show off your beautiful engagement ring!
3. Looking into each other's eyes: There's nothing more romantic than gazing into your partner's eyes. This pose is perfect for capturing those magical moments between the two of you.
For solo shots:
1. The pensive pose: Standing alone with your hands clasped in front of you is a great way to show off your pretty engagement ring while also looking reflective and deep in thought about your upcoming nuptials.
2. The "wind in my hair" shot: If you're wanting a more playful and fun shot, ask your photographer to capture you twirling around with your dress flowing in the wind. It'll make for some stunningly whimsical photos!
What to wear
Pre-wedding sessions are a great way to capture some beautiful photos of you and your partner before the big day. But what should you wear? Here are some tips and tricks to help you choose the perfect outfits for your pre-wedding session in Surrey.
First, consider the location of your session. If you'll be outdoors, make sure to dress for the weather. Choose light, airy fabrics in the summertime or warmer layers in winter. You want to be comfortable in whatever you're wearing, so don't forget to factor in the temperature and anticipated weather conditions.
Next, think about the style of your photos. Do you want them to be formal or casual? Elegant or fun? Your clothes should reflect the overall mood and tone of the shoot. If you're not sure what to wear, consider bringing along a few different options so that your photographer can help you choose what will look best on camera.
Finally, don't forget accessories! A few well-chosen pieces can really complete your look and add personality to your photos. Scarves, hats, jewellery, and shoes are all great ways to personalize your outfit and make it uniquely yours. Just make sure not to go overboard - too many accessories can be distracting on camera.
With these tips in mind, you're ready to start planning what to wear for your pre-wedding session in Surrey!
If you're looking to capture some stunning pre-wedding photos in Surrey, there are a few props that can really help make your session a success. A simple white chair can be used to create a beautiful 'bride and groom' shot, while a floral archway makes for a stunning backdrop for couples' photos. If you're hoping to capture some natural interaction between the two of you, props can also be useful – try using a blanket or picnic basket as props to encourage cuddling and laughing.
A pre-wedding session is a great way to capture some beautiful photos of the two of you before the big day. Here are our top tips and tricks for making sure your session is a success:
1. Choose the right location. Surrey is home to some stunning locations, so take some time to do your research and pick a spot that you know will make for beautiful photos.
2. Lighting is key. Make sure you choose a location with good lighting, as this will make all the difference in your photos. Natural light is always best, so if you can, schedule your session for early morning or late afternoon.
3. Dress the part. Your outfits should complement each other and the location you've chosen. Avoid anything too fussy or formal – remember, this is about having fun and capturing natural moments!
4. Be prepared. Have an idea of what kind of shots you want before the session begins. This will help you direct your photographer and make sure you get the photos you're hoping for.
5. Relax and have fun! This is supposed to be a fun experience, so try not to stress too much about getting perfect shots. Enjoy yourselves and let your personalities shine through – that's what will make your photos truly special."